The Law Office Of J. Ridge Hicks P.L.C.

Call For A Free Consultation

(480) 378-0057



The Law Office Of J. Ridge Hicks P.L.C.

Worker’s compensation is a system that each state has in place to automatically compensate someone for an injury that they suffer on the job. Worker’s compensation will pay medical expenses and cover some of your lost earnings, but it does not pay anything for pain and suffering the way other kinds of injury cases would pay.

How Do I Know If I Have A Viable Workers’ Compensation Claim?

Anytime you are an employee, as opposed to an independent contractor, and your injury happens on the job, you’re entitled to worker’s compensation. You do not have to prove that someone else was at fault for your injury.

Do I Have To Be Injured At My Physical Place Of Employment To Qualify For Workers Compensation?

If, for example, you are driving from one job site to another job site and a car accident happens, you have a valid workers’ comp claim. However, if you are going home or on your way to work, injuries that happen then are not workers compensation injuries. It must be an “on the clock” injury to qualify. There are certain exceptions to these rules, so if you are not sure, it is important to discuss with an attorney.

How Important Is Medical History In A Workers’ Compensation Case?

Medical history can be very important in any kind of injury case. An insurance company, whether it’s a workers’ compensation insurance company or a liability insurance company, will often ask for medical records from before the accident. Sometimes, people have problems involving pain in areas of their body from injuries before the accident in question. The insurance company wants to know about this because they don’t have to pay for things that existed before the accident. In worker’s compensation, anything that was not an on-the-job injury is something that the worker’s comp insurance will not have to pay for.

How Long Does Someone Have To File A Workers’ Compensation Claim?

Workers should submit a worker’s report of injury form as soon as possible, but the maximum amount of time that they can wait is one year.

For more information on Workers’ Compensation Claims In Arizona, an initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (480) 378-0057 today.

Ridge Hicks

Call For A Free Consultation (480) 378-0057