The Importance of Having a Dedicated Personal Injury Attorney By Your Side in Mesa, AZ
Accidents happen every day, and while many of them are simply unavoidable, many others can be prevented by people who exercise the right amount of care and implement the proper precautionary measures. If someone else’s negligence or mistake has caused you to sustain an injury in Mesa, AZ, you may very well have a valid personal injury claim on your hands. However, the process of proving that claim and actually obtaining the amount of compensation you deserve will not come easily without an experienced attorney by your side. Unfortunately, those who have done wrong are not always held accountable, and the individuals who have been wronged sometimes never receive justice. Don’t be one of those individuals—take control of your circumstances today by contacting J. Ridge Hicks, a dedicated personal injury attorney in Mesa, AZ.
In the aftermath of a personal injury, it can feel like your life has come to a screeching halt; you may be unable to work, the medical bills might be piling up, and you’re likely dealing with some level of pain from your injury. The stress could be taking a toll on your relationships, pulling you away from valuable time with your loved ones, and preventing you from enjoying your favorite activities. The best route forward involves contacting a personal injury attorney who will sit down with you, hear your side of the story from start to finish, provide you with an honest account of what you’re dealing with and whether pursuing a claim is in your best interests, and ultimately, do their best to help you resume your life in Mesa, AZ.
Attorney J. Ridge Hicks: He’s Here to Assist You with A Range of Personal Injury Cases in Mesa, AZ
There are numerous types of personal injury cases, each of which involves legal technicalities, timelines, statutes of limitations, and unique challenges. The following is a list of some of the most common personal injury cases handled by Attorney J. Ridge Hicks in Mesa, AZ:
- Auto accidents- Every time you get on the road, you’re at risk of being involved in an auto accident, regardless of how carefully you drive. There are many causes of auto accidents, including distracted driving, intoxicated driving, mechanical failures, defects in the road, and speeding. Depending on the nature of an accident, any number of injuries could result, including broken bones, burns, lacerations, head trauma, and spinal cord damage. In any situation, it is crucial to obtain a personal injury attorney who will promptly initiate an investigation in order to secure all of the evidence before it gets removed or destroyed.
- Slip and falls- Whether you’re walking near a public pool, down the aisle of a grocery store, on a sidewalk in the city of Mesa, AZ, or on someone else’s residential property when you slip, fall, and sustain an injury, you could very well have a personal injury claim on your hands. An attorney will be able to consider the details of your situation and determine whether a property owner failed to uphold their duty to maintain reasonably safe premises. If you’ve had a slip and fall accident, it will be critical to obtain evidence in the form of witness statements, photographs, video recordings, and maintenance logs. This evidence isn’t always easy to come by, but a Mesa, AZ personal injury attorney will know where to look and how to obtain it as quickly as possible.
- Products liability- Many personal injury claims arise from defective or malfunctioning products. Depending on the circumstances of an injury caused by a product, the engineer, manufacturer, or distributor could be held accountable. An experienced personal injury attorney will be able to identify the at-fault party and pursue justice on your behalf.
- Dog bites- In Mesa, AZ, the owner of a dog that bites or otherwise injures another person will almost always be held accountable for the damages that result. Many people who get bitten by dogs don’t just suffer from the serious injuries than can result, but also from a generalized fear of dogs, and consequently, from a loss of enjoyment of canine companionship.
Forms of Compensation You Could Receive in a Personal Injury Settlement in Mesa, AZ
There are many forms of compensation that an attorney could help you obtain, including the following:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Repairs for property damage associated with the incident
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages (under some circumstances, when gross negligence or intentional misconduct on behalf of the at-fault party can be shown)
Don’t Wait—Contact The Law Office of J. Ridge Hicks, P.L.C. Today
The sooner you contact an attorney, the sooner an investigation will be launched, and the more likely you’ll be to receive justice and compensation for your injuries. By procrastinating, you could be unknowingly approaching the statute of limitations in Mesa, AZ, which is the deadline for filing a personal injury claim. In addition, you could be diminishing your chances of maximizing your award and robbing yourself of the resources you need in order to get back on your feet.